Monday, October 4, 2010

Frozen Dreams

ATHENA'S NOTES: Slipspace drives running smoothly. I'm so glad to be on a ship-shape vessel such as the Ultimate Contingency. Sometimes I've pondered what her name means; final choice, best plan, last unforeseeable event, it could mean anything. Nevertheless, it is a fitting name for a Prowler. The emergence of another Contingency-subclass Prowler is disturbing. I guess there's nothing to fear though, the security measures on the Ultimate are tight (although there is some off-duty fraternization I turn a blind eye to, most notably between Weapons-Operator LT. Samuel Andrews and ODST SGT. Jasmine Knightly.) Anyway, back to more pressing matters; we are about to emerge out of slipspace behind Reach's moon; I best be tending to the final calculations.

CAPTAIN'S LOG: just jumped out of slipspace. Reach isn't in view yet. LT Andrews seems skeptical of what remains, but he remains steadfast to his duty. never seen anything that scares him yet. Mira Connor is in charge of navigation; she also is devoted to her job. Jack Jenson (sensor op) sometimes appears as though he wants to challenge my orders, but he is the least of my concerns...
they say you dont dream in cryo. i must be strange like that. before i closed my eyes, i remember the reflection of my face staring back at me, suddenly distorted by the crystillization of my breath...
i was in a room. trapped, maybe...i didnt try to run. there seemed to be glass on one wall, night beyond. i could see my reflection in the glass. bloodstains outlining scars on my face. i collapsed. crying? cant remember. I asked aloud to the reflection, "who are you?" To my suprise and horror, it responded in a deep throaty voice, "I? I am the monument to all your sins."

3 comments:

  1. ooh, creepy! and mysterious. and suspenseful. write on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very creepy.... i shivered... altho. part of that maybe the fact that my house is as cold as a freezer but that whole ice crystal thing reminded me how cold i was.... and i don't know where i'm going with this........

    ReplyDelete